I think a lot of tests challenge your ability to take tests.
I would include the CCNP to be honest.

Someone I know did one test after 8 weeks study, then needed the cert
quickly for Gold certification, so took one a week for three weeks.

I don't think the deep knowledge can be there when it's crammed in like
that, but the Cisco Press books are enough to pass all the tests. The person
involved read the books through once then read the trickier areas again a
couple of times.

I am not saying that all CCNP's pass this way, or even a majority, but the
person involved is still studying CCNP subjects to get the complete
knowledge.
I think that without a lab there's always a possibility for quick cramming
to pass the test.

Regards

Gaz
CCNP