I think you have misunderstood what Cisco means by not having Appletalk &
LANE (and Decnet, X.25 etc). They are actually removed from the LAB but they
very much exist on Written. I would go on to say that you better know LANE,
because I have heard that they really ask a few curly ones on LANE/ATM.

btw, I am attempting my written next month, and I have chosen to stick to
the blue print on the CCO, and know everything(that I can) thats in there..

Nick Shah