Well, you asked for a step by step link to setup a VPN on a Pix
520.  My normal route is that, I use www.cisco.com, and look at the Pix
documentation.  How else does anyone else do anything?  Read the
manual.  This goes for anything, even non-Cisco stuff.

www.cisco.com
technical documents
2nd column now, 3rd row, Cisco Pix
select OS version
read docs, including the nice handy link that says "site to site vpn" among
other things.

Anyway, after taking a 30 seconds to figure that one out, here is the link.
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_61/config/index.htm

I strongly suggest you get used to their web site.  It is daunting at first
but is very powerful.  Definitely worth learning in the long run.

         Or, you can do it the "easy" way.

www.cisco.com
type in the search box
pix vpn
I see a lot of pertinent hits.

Advantage of the first technique, practice for the lab's documentation
cd.  Advantage of the second hit, it's just out right easier, but I doubt
there is a search engine and all of the other white papers that cisco has
available.  Use it as a crutch, and you will be forever handicappped.

         Now, you may think Brad is being "cruel", however, I think he is
doing you a favor.  I probably did you a disservice here.  If you cannot
figure out how to navigate the cisco web site, taking the CCIE Lab is just
a few orders of magnitude harder.  Why?  You cannot use the documentation
effectively at all if you cannot navigate cisco's technical documents web
page.  Therefore you must memorize a lot more and practice a heck of a lot
more on silly details.  I know people go on about "never use the docs, you
will fail.  you will run out of time"  Hog wash.  If it takes me 5 seconds
to look up something on the docs, that is less info for me to memorize.  I
guess your mileage may vary.  I know the "use aliases, or you will fail" is
hog wash for me in particular.  I type fast and the commands are
logical.  So, if you feel learning their web page is a hopeless endeavor,
so why bother and just memorize and work it out the hard way, go
ahead.  Everyone has a different way of tackling a problem.
         If you were just looking for some quick simple answers, the thing
is, the best we can do is lead you to the general area.  I have no idea on
what kind of VPN you want to setup, what peers you want to use, versions of
code, etc.  So please, do a bit more work so we can get a more specific
question, so then we can assist you better.  Otherwise, you can get a
refund for this service.

         Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving!

At 06:19 PM 11/21/01 -0500, Inamul wrote:
>Idiot...I and everyone knows cisco.com but the reason
>people ask here dumb question is they want to save some time by asking
>someone who already gone thru
>that process and spent time reasearchin that topic..
>

>""Brad Ellis""  wrote in message
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > www.cisco.com
> >
> > has that information.
> >
> > thanks,
> > -Brad Ellis
> > CCIE#5796 (R&S / Security)
> > Network Learning Inc
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> > ""Inamul""  wrote in message
> > > Does anyone have step by step link to setup VPN on PIX 520
> > > running code 5.2 ?
> > > thanks
> > >
> > > Inamul
-Carroll Kong