I have used the CS product. Yes it uses port 2002 for the inital connection
but it varies the port during ues. I would have dig out an old trace to see
if infact the HTTP leaves it in plain text but I suspect part of it might
be. If actual program is java, then it's unlikely to be "plain text" but
some type of binary zipping back and forth. Again, this is a guess on my part.

I had a DEll single processor, Windows NT 4.0 and running IIS4 as needed by
CS. Performance was ok. I was bothered by IIS and all the security holes
that go with IIS. We are still patching and testing to make sure the patches
do not break CS.

I have to admit I like the GUI of CS over the TACACS+ config file :) But
then I'm in the learning curve of TACACS+ right now so ask me again in a few
weeks after I've played with it some more. I will admit that TACACS+ on
Linux rips right along.. very fast and compact.

MikeS