I couldn't find anything specifically on EtherChannel for the 2900, but I'm
working on the assumption (so be careful =) that it operates the same as on
the Cat5000/6000 series.

>From URL (watch for wrap):

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/ios127xe/config/channel.htm

"EtherChannel load balancing can use either MAC addresses or IP addresses
and either source or destination or both source and destination addresses.
The selected mode applies to all EtherChannels configured on the switch."

Since the MACs in the NICs on the server are constant, as I assume the IP is
also, I would think it would be best to use the Destination IP address (or
MAC for that matter) for the XOR operation.  Ideally, your PCs on the
network would have IP addresses (or MACs) that are sufficiently distributed
as to provide a good load balance when used in the XOR.

>From the same URL above:

"For example, if the traffic on a channel is going only to a single MAC
address, using the destination MAC address always chooses the same link in
the channel; using source addresses or IP addresses may result in better
load balancing"

My 2 cents.

Mike W.