Jerry Deer wrote:

> > Hello all,  I am having a problem that i am hoping someone who has had
> > same experience can shed some light on. I have a laptop that i use at my
> > office and at home through frame relay network to my office ( using dhcp
)
> > The problem i am having is the laptop keeps the default gateway of the
> > office  ( i discovered this using a routeprint at dos prompt) so i can
> > connect to any thing at home or office but no other frame relay networks
> > that are also connected to our office. I have ruled out router as problem
> > because i can ping all subnets from the router but it is just from the pc
> > . Getting frustrated and hoping some kind soul will put me in right
> > direction!
> > thanks
> > JD

Jerry,

You don't say which operating system is on the laptop but since you mention
"route
print" it's evidently some version of Windows. In Windows manually entered
TCP/IP
parameters may override parameters supplied by DHCP.

On some versions if your laptop TCP/IP configuration has the "Obtain an IP
address
automatically" radio button selected then the Default Gateway selection is
unavailable
(grayed out or shaded). However, on other versions, such as Windows
Millenium, the
Default Gateway can be entered on a separate properties sheet. So it's
possible that a
manually entered Default Gateway is your problem.