It's only the beat version fo the exam that's retiring, not the exam
/qualifcation per se.

The new exam should be out - possibly under the same number - in Jan 2002,
after the review process is complete with Cisco.

As far as CCSI's have been advised in this area, course materail remains
unchnaged, with the exception of some 'features' in the notes. On theat
basis the exam should remain largely as was. The only likely chnage on the
exam is number of questions to do and time frame.