Thanks for info. It does give a fairly long list of different combination on
generating BREAK

However, none of those works for me so far. Of course I didn't exhaust all
combinations. My assumption is simple
you are accessing a terminal server from somewhere via certain network
access, but you get to the terminal
server using telnet that comes with Win2k Pro.

Then you access the console port of a router via reverse telnet. if you
don't have physical access to the device
however, someone power off and power it back for you. So how can you do a
password recovery

i.e. How to send a break key sequence to the console port, which might be
several hops away, say, you ssh to A,
telnet to B, then telnet to router c, and finally you telnet to terminal
server.

thanks.

Maybe we can't do anything with telnet itself. So which terminal can send a
better "BREAK"? teraterm?

thanks