Hi all,

Just want to tell you all that I finally attempted my first lab on 28/11.
What an experience for 2 years in networking line (newbies) after completing

all my NA/NP certification and finally now turning to the lab. I knew I
didn't
do a good job  there though the result have not been released yet (which
took
a couple of days), it's my first learning experience.

I found that this is the complete lab I'd ever put my hands on, all the
while
I only had 4-5 routers at home to practice. Lots of practice needed to get
me more prepare for the next round, which might be 1/2 years ahead. I was
inspired by Chuck's story line before I had my exam the other night, and
now it's all over. Time is not something we ask for, knowledge keep you
going. You got to know what to do when you face a problem, you don't really
have a choice. For the last 15 mins before it's over, I knew I will not
finish them on time so I'll just stop and review all the question and keep
them in mind. They are my first lesson and it'll be more tougher the next
attempt. I didn't regret for the result later, I'm just happy that quality
of the exam really worth for everyone here to work after. They'll sure
pay off one day.

One day lab is a monster, with little trouble in mind memorizing the
ip address, distribution and routing table, you will soon overcome
them. Once the frame relay works, routing come into picture. You have
no idea how and what the end of this lab are trying to achieve, putting
tons of assumption into the answer though they never work.. you got no
time to browse the documentation cd, you can't wait a sec to save your
configuration and you can't affort to show run your configuration at
all time. Memorizing and organizing every single information is crucial
to keep you on time. Luckily troubleshooting is removed from the lab.
Thanks to Jeff for putting off my nervous on my first attempt, I'm sure
I'll see you again next round.

On my way home riding on a bus, the question still dazzle on my mind.
The movie played on the journey home, Pearl Harbour even inspire me
that getting train to fly a dangerous mission even harder getting the
CCIE status. I promise myself that I'll work even harder for my next
lab attempt.

To all the others coming up with your lab attempt this year, good luck
to you all. Never doubt on your first attempt, take it as part of your
first learning experience. My mind is empty when I had it also.

Have a nice day.
Ryan