I left EtherPeek running on my workstation all night to get a feel for
the amount of broadcast traffic in our network.  In 15 hours we had over
72,000 SAP replies, most of which were from our router.  I then noticed
that it was using 480-byte packets which seems really inefficient.

Would I be asking for some unforeseen trouble if I were to configure
ipx sap-max-packetsize 1440 to triple the number of servers advertised
per packet?  This alone would dramatically reduce the number of
broadcast packets on our network.  However, it would be just my luck if
there were some consequences to this that I wasn't aware of.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
John