I have read the MCNS (Cisco Press) book several times, expecially on Chapter
8, however, I'm still very confused about the following question:

The book states that when configuring CBAC on an external interface,

1)    The Outbound Access-List can be standard or extended
2)    The Inbound Access-List MUST be extended

And when configuring CBAC on an external interface,

1)    The Inbound Access-List at the internal interface or Outbound
Access-List can be either standard or extended
2)    The Outbound Access-List at internal interface or Inbound Access-List
at external interface MUST be extended.

It also states that for CBAC to create a temporary opening in an
access-list, the access-list Must be extended?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Hunt Lee