I read about a lot of people using a text editor and tftp to create and
manipulate their configurations to save time on the CCIE Lab exam.  I
understand the benefits of using this technique, but sometimes it seems as
if it takes quite a while for me to set up the required routing to reach all
of my routers via tftp.  My real question concerns the use of a terminal
server in this situation.  I do not have a terminal server, but my
understanding is that you telnet to the terminal server, which in turn has
reverse telnet connections to each routers console port.  If I was connected
to the terminal server via a PC that had tftp server software installed, is
there an easy way to use the reverse telnet connection to each router for
the tftp file transfer?  If not, would I have to have a tftp server
connected to one router's Ethernet, and then set up routing to that
ethernet's subnet on each router?  I am trying to invision how this
technique would save time in the lab if a tftp server is not readily
available on a subnet common to all devices in the rack.  I know a router
can be configured as a tftp server, but I believe that it can only answer
requests and can not be copied to.  Any help would be greatly appreciated as
I sit the lab on Feb 1 and I would like to develop some solid time-saving
techniques.  Thank you!