Multiple_frames_established is a good state. It's what you want to see.

TEI_assigned is a good intermediate state. It means that the terminal
endpoint identifier has been assigned, which is a good thing. But the state
should progress to multiple_frames_established, from what I understand.

On the other hand, in a DDR environment, if the link goes idle, you might
going across.

Check this out:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/129/bri_sh_isdn_stat.html#second

Priscilla

At 04:05 PM 12/3/01, you wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>on using the 'show isdn status'....
>
>i get 3 lines for the layer 2 section.. one says multiple_frames_established
>while the others say tei_assigned
>
>whats does this mean? and how can i resolve this issue
>
>regards,
>
>John

Priscilla Oppenheimer
http://www.priscilla.com