We have had a customer have a similar problem with a tcp
connection-sensitive application. It is happening b/c the lifetime on the
key expires and renegotiates w/ the PIX. It is only a microsecond obviously,
but some apps can't sustain the momentary lapse. Basically, the only
workaround we could configure is to set the lifetime on the Isakmp key to
86K - that way it only happens once, maybe twice, per work day.

This was also a problem for us in that the router's CPU rockets to 100%
while the key reinitializes. Again, its only for a split second, but it
causes connection interruptions.

If anyone else has some good ideas I would love to hear them!