Hey Bob, see below of Cisco's explanation, but essentially you are
having BRI0/0 "stay awake" to keep route tables active. Everything is
good if this is what you are intending, as we do at my employer.

Routing
Once defined, interesting packets must be routed properly for a call to
be initiated. The routing process depends on two things: routing table
entries and an "up" interface over which to route packets.

Interfaces - up/up (spoofing)
In order for packets to be routed to and through an interface, that
interface must be up/up as seen in a show interfaces output:

Montecito# show interfaces ethernet 0
Ethernet0 is up, line protocol is up
  Hardware is Lance, address is . . .
What happens to a dialer interface that is not connected? If protocol is
not up and running on the interface, the implication is that the
interface itself will not be up. Routes which rely on that interface
will be flushed from the routing table, and traffic will not be routed
to that interface. The result is that no calls would be initiated by the
interface.

The solution to counter this possibility is to allow the state up/up
(spoofing) for dialer interfaces. Any interface can be configured as a
dialer interface. For example, a Serial or Async interface could be made
into a dialer by adding the command dialer in-band or dialer dtr to the
interface's configuration. These lines are unnecessary for interfaces
that are by nature a dialer interface (BRIs and PRIs). The output for a
show interface will look like this:

Montecito# show interfaces bri 0
BRI0 is up, line protocol is up (spoofing)
  Hardware is BRI
  Internet address is . . .
In other words, the interface "pretends" to be up/up so that associated
routes will remain in force and so that packets can be routed to the
interface.

There are circumstances under which a dialer interface will not be up/up
(spoofing). The show interface output may show the interface as being
administratively down:

Montecito# show interfaces bri 0
BRI0 is administratively down, line protocol is down
  Hardware is BRI
  Internet address is . . .
Administratively down merely means that the interface has been
configured with the command shutdown. This is the default state of any
router interface when the router is booted for the very first time. To
remedy this, use the interface configuration command no shutdown.