>Folks,
>
>Anyone have any real-world pro's/con's for BGP confeds versus
>RouteReflectors. It seems that routereflectors are easier to configure,
>but I was not sure of the actual technical reasons to have 2
>technologies that seem to address the same problem.
>
>Thanks,
>Bob

There are a lot of pros and cons, but both have their applications.
Confederations give you more control, while route reflectors are
simpler and probably have better performance.  I find that I tend to
use confederations when I'm doing "backbones of backbones" for large
enterprises and route reflectors more for ISPs.