This seems as good a time as any to make this particular comment. On the
subject of bridging, there is a pretty good book available from McGraw Hill
Technical Expert Series - called "Configuring Cisco Routers for Bridging,
DLSw+, and Desktop Protocols" by Tan Nam-Kee. the book features lots of
configurations, and lots of show command outputs, so you can read, configure
on your own routers or rental racks, and get something up and working to the
point where you can learn first hand the shortcomings of the book - i.e. it
is for beginners, and stops short of the kind of expertise one might need
for production or advanced study preparation. I found while prepping for my
recent Lab attempt that there came a point where I had to make some leaps of
faith. But considering before I read the book I didn't know jack about DLSw,
and after a day's study with Nam-Kee I actually knew jill about it, that's
good. Especially after some frustrating efforts using CCO as a learning
source.

After a couple of years of this, I have pretty much come to the conclusion
that the McGraw Hill series is at least as good an investment as is Cisco
Press, and in many cases McG-H can be a better investment. Cisco has taken
to packaging a lot of the material on CCO into books, and releasing it
sometimes even under the "CCIE" series.

A couple of specific examples. Terry Slattery's book "Advanced IP Routing in
Cisco Networks" compares favorably with Doyle, and in some ways ( in terms
of practice labs and configuration examples ) is IMHO better. The
Held/Hundley "Cisco Access Lists Field Guide is superior to anything Cisco
Press offers. Adam Quiggle's VPN book is a great place to start, even if his
section on multipoint tunnels leaves one scratching various body parts
trying to figure out why his configurations don't work on real routers ;->

I will say that the Cisco Press Parkhurst BGP book is first rate. But then
unlike other Cisco Press books, Parkhurst actually goes in depth into
practical BGP configuration. I have one Cisco Press book which purports to
be a CCIE prep book that has proven absolutely useless for study. I have
another which I still can't decide if it has merit or not, which probably
means it doesn't.

In any case, in answer to the question about SRB, the Tan Nam-Kee book is
worth taking a look at - particularly if you have access to some routers so
your can tweak the configs.

Chuck