I do know back when the QOS options were more limited and if a router
was dropping packet on it's input queue or output queue one remedy would
be to increase the hold queues.  But to make use of these queues you
would have to process switch as  fast switching does not utilize the
queues as it has it's own cache.

  Dave

--
David Madland
Sr. Network Engineer

"Emotion should reflect reason not guide it"