I just passed my qualification test with an 83. It was not an easy test,
considering the topics covered. However, I must admit that nothing on the
test was beyond the blue print (from CCO). I must admit that being a CCNP is
definitely an advantage when one goes for this test, the coverage is
different, since more concentration is on theoritical topics, desktop
protocols & of course token ring & SRB/DLSW/RSRB/etc. bridging,  rather than
the actual routing protocols. I would attempt to suggest a path that one may
take (books etc.) while preparing for this test. This will apply mostly to
CCNP/DP's & one with experience (NP/DP level).

Read :

1. Internetworking TEch. overview (CCO) this is an absolute must, however
not many who have passed the test seem to refer to this. It certainly has no
commands kinda info, but packet types, frame types, layers etc. are
plentiful, and these are tested.
2. Caslow : I have mixed responses about caslow, no doubt it is a very good
book, no doubt I couldnt have studied some of the topics without it, no
doubt that it has a wealth of concentrated info, however one can "bypass
it". It is replaceable.
3. Read chapter on ATM & LANE from LAN switching book by Kennedy Clark
(Cisco Press). Its the best explanation one can get.
4. If a CCNP, read all the 4 books, read DLSW + RSRB + SRB papers from CCO.
5. Know the boot sequence & the boot register in & out.
6. Lou Rossi's Token Ring Paper
7. Dennis Laganiere's RIF examples (good examples)
8. CCO Blue print(probably the most imp. ), I used to go back and forth
forming my own Q's about a particular topic.
One can replace Caslow (for written, its an absolute must for LAB) by
referring to all the above mentioned material.

I would recommend taking Written almost immediately after CCNP, while the
material is still fresh.

And lastly, the most important is BOSON tests, especially 2 & 3, test 3 has
now about 400Q's and that really tests most of the stuff.
Experience with actual hardware is important, however I would think that
Cisco doesnt rely on actual experience with hardware for this test atleast
(NP/DP tests albeit do rely on experience)

I would like to thank everyone on this group. now enroute to LAB, and also
being part of the exclusive LAB study group (on groupstudy, where else :)

Nick Shah
Network Engr.
Connect Internet Solutions