hi, all

I have a question about OSPF over DDR. The lab scenario is:

1. RTA and RTB connect with each other using back-to-back connection with
serial PPP connection, and use the asynchronous interface as the backup
interface.

2. And on each router there is a ethernet interface as a stub network. All
the networks run ospf and belong to 3 areas respectively. PPP and its
backup links are all in the area 0.

3. I have use the "broadcast" key word in the rout map, and correctly
define the dialer-list with ip permit.

Question:
When the primary PPP link is down, the DDR works correctly. But there is
not hello packet can be find on the DDR. When I show the interface
asynchronous 1 under the ospf, I find that: no hellos (passive interface).
What is mean?

Why?  can not explain it. Can you help me?

Thanks a lot.