First of all, the archive search feature isn't working correctly. I did a
search for "xmodem" and got zero matches, which I found odd. So, I then did
a search on "cisco" to check if it was working and also received zero
matches! Paul, please check this out.

I am unable to xmodem a new flash image to replace a corrupted image on a
3508XL switch. The switch boots right into boot loader mode (switch:) and I
have followed the directions on Cisco's website. Can someone please tell me
why I'm getting the following? If you need more info., let me know.

switch: copy xmodem: flash:c3500XL-c3h2s-mz.120-5.3.WC.1.bin
Begin the Xmodem or Xmodem-1K transfer now...
CCCCCCCCCCBB0BB0xmodem:: I/O error