From:   Howard C. Berkowitz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Wednesday, December 12, 2001 2:52 PM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        RE: Looking for a CCNP [7:28907]

Be careful of what you wish for.  I'm still laughing at the thought
of just what sort of Traffic Director the (inappropriate) ad is
looking for. Springfield contains the most complex freeway
intersection in the Washington DC metro area, which is under MASSIVE
reconstruction.

Indeed, I even use the roads around Springfield in explaining weird
routing. While traveling south from DC, up to the famed Beltway, you
are on 395 South. You are presented with a routing table giving you
exits to 95/495 North, 95 South, and 495 South. The only problem is
that 95 South is exactly the same road you are on, but just changes
name. Federal highway regulations require there be an exit sign for
every new numbered Interstate, so exit 4B is right in the middle of
the road. There _is_ no turnoff. It's like your subnet changes number
somewhere in the middle.

BGP blackhole routes are simple compared to the Springfield interchanges.

>Hmmm.
>
>Wish I lived in Springfield.
>
>Heather

is unauthorized.