12/12/2001   10:42pm  Wednesday

Professionals,

I am researching the default behavior of the Cisco router during boot up.  I
am very familiar with the "hands on" side of upgrading flash & RAM on 2500 &
2600's but I need a "text book" answer.

I searched Cisco's site for "boot process" & "boot sequence" and do not
really see what the router's default behavior is.

Is a router with config reg 0x2102 supposed to boot from flash, then
network, then NVRAM ?

If  a router is set to boot from flash:c2600-d-mz.113-10.T.bin but it cannot
find c2600-d-mz.113-10.T.bin on the flash what will it do, and in what order
?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Richard