Hi all,
   Just set up a simple RIP network and am trying to
redistribute connected networks without directly
advertising a network through the network statement.

The router won't allow me ? If I advertise a network
with redistribute connected and then take the network
out of the advertisements then the 'router rip',
'redistribute connected' is still in the config but it
doesn't do anything i.e 'debug ip rip' shows no
updates.

Does anyone know why this is ?

Regards,

Phil.