I was hoping that the minutes/discussion notes from the IDR working group
was going
to be made available on the web or through a list-server.  I briefly read
through Sandra
Murphy's Draft and based on security model(for origination/adjacency
protection),  it sounds somewhat like the model in place for ssl based
security.

I have been reading William Stallings "Cryptography and Network Security"
and he
makes some of what I think (having limited knowledge) are some good
suggestions in
 appending the information (key or signatures) of peers to the FCS.  His
example draw
upon peer-to-peer connections, which allows the TCP header to become a
another level
 of security based  on it's ability to sequence packets and it's use of a
checksum

 Stallings also addresses another issue mentioned in Sandra Murphy's Draft
known to
MD5, collisions.   Based on the performance issues with implementing
suitable security
for the information exchanged between peers are there currently any
discussions on
possibly implementing any other forms of security beyond MD5 and IPSec.

Nigel