This is such a good mailing list - it is a shame they won't secure it from
the spammers.  Its easy to do if you give up allowing open posts via
non-smtp or non-member smtp sources.  In the age of free email accounts
anyone can get an email account and participate on mailing lists without
using (ab)usenet to post.  Use usenet to archive and smtp to post, but only
from double-verified opt-in subscribers.  Do that and the spam will
disappear as spammers are not willing to take the time to individually
subscribe to a mailing list before spamming it.  Spammers are lazy.  Oh well.

Allen May wrote:

> Actually....I think people on this list resolve to SPEND THOUSANDS ON
> ROUTERS...not save pennies ;)
>
> BTW, Paul, I checked out the mail server & it's not relaying (in case that
> was in your logs).
>
> Allen

[7:30273]

--