Maybe it's just me, but I'm a little confused here.

As far as I can read on your e-mail, you have the following:

On network 192.168.0.0 / 24

        192.168.0.230   Printer
        192.168.0.238   Router
        192.168.0.254   Gateway

If you ping from the inside network to any of the three devices (above), the
router should not route anything, because you're pinging to the same network
you're on.

I am not sure how exactly your whole setup is, but you should check that the
subnet mask is / 24 (or 255.255.255.0) on all devices on the 192.168.0.0
network.

Send the config from the router and gateway, plus a description on how all
these things are connected.

Hth,

Ole

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~