Totally depends on the platform/feature set you require.  I expect most try
and stay in the S train, though MPLS pushes you to the ST train.  Usually
folks talk to their cisco SE team and get a feel for which IOS is likely to
be the most stable.  Definately most are in the 12 range now though I would
expect.

Pete