Can anyone explain the ethernet and token ring protocol type codes for me?
I know you can filter DLSw and SRB using them but I don't really understand
what they are, I found a table containing all the popular ones.  IBM SNA is
80D5, does that mean that all SNA traffic has this type code, and that if
you denied it in an access list all SNA traffic would be denied?   Also,
SAP's follow the format 0x0000, each of the 0s representing one byte of
data, the first 2 digits after the x are the DSAP, the last 2 are the SSAP,
is this correct?  I would really appreciate it if someone could point me to
where I could find some good information on this type of stuff.  I would
hate to just memorize the common values without knowing why and how they
work.  Thanks.