I saw a similar demo on the Cisco website last summer sometime.  A Cisco
presenter showed a streaming video over some lamp power cord, speaker wire,
barbed wire, etc.
A related story is at http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/ts_122701.html and
there is a link to the video of the presentation on that page.

Byron Bean
US Army CECOM
Space and Terrestrial Communications Directorate
Network Operations Branch