On a Cisco 806 I've got a firewall using CBAC and an extended access list
coming in on the WAN port.  I understand how the two work together in
general but what I'm wondering is how the machine deals with the processes.
If the CBAC config permits an inbound packet does processing stop there or
does it also check the access list's rules even if the rules are irrelevant
at that point?
 Reason I ask?  If most of the traffic is controlled by the CBAC then I
don't have to worry much about the size of the access-list since it's rules
aren't tested much... Or do I?
TIA