Russ, its time to start to sniffing. Find out where all traffic is
coming from. The last time this kind of thing happened to me, it ended
up being a couple of  Win2k servers on the campus that were beginning
load balancing and spewing multicasts. There are some easy cheap
sniffers out there or something like NDG's Etherboy will display a quick
and dirty on traffic from hosts and top talkers....

Russ Kreigh wrote:

>We have a Cisco 2501 that keeps crashing occasionaly, it's almost as if it
>stop responding to pings, then an hour later it decided to come back up. I
>have swapped out the router with another one and the problem is still there.
>Last night the new router did the same thing. I checked my log and there
were
>a bunch of messages like this in there. What exactly should I do?
>
>-Process= "IP Input", ipl= 6, pid= 10
>-Traceback= 318B722 318B9D2 31D6BD0
>13:57:56: %SCHED-3-THRASHING: Process thrashing on watched queue 'IP
Packets'