My thoughts:

E-mail Signatures:

I do not personally put anything on that I am not certified in. For example:
CCIE Written, BCRAN, CIT, etc. But I can understand why others do. They are
either proud of the fact that they have passed the CCIE written, and/or want
to give other people a signal where they are knowledge/cert. wise.

Resume's:

I am currently pursuing CSS1, but I do not put that under my certifications.
However, I put under what education I have and the exams I have passed, and
also what certifications I am currently pursuing, and what exam I am
currently working on.

For example:

        Certs:
                MCP, MCSE, MCP+I, CCNA, CCNP
        Exams:
                Windows NT 4.0 Server
                Windows NT 4.0 Server Enterprise
                Windows NT 4.0 Workstation
                Networking Essentials
                TCP/IP
                IIS 4.0
                FrontPage 98
                CCNA
                BCRAN
                BCMSN
                BSCN
                CIT
        Certs Currently Pursuing:
                CSS1
        Exams Currently Preparing for:
                MCNS

I know of some people who like to put "CCIE - in progress" under certs,
after they have opened the first page in the CCNA study guide - that's just
too far out if you ask me.

Hth,

Ole

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~