Please do not hold me to the gun on it, but I believe you can run
SNMP managers such like "Castle Rock" and "Netcool" seem to be "OK".  I
think "Concord" might work as well.  I have not deployed these myself, just
seen my clients run them.
         Running SNMP on all of your machines can have drastic security
consequences.  Be careful.

At 07:45 PM 1/7/02 -0500, Michael Smith wrote:
>A bit off topic, but would appreciate any suggestions -
>
>Looking for a software solution, not UNIX based, that has capabilities
>to centrally monitor hardware and network traffic on a small LAN/WAN
>network, that contains HP switches, Cisco routers and Compaq servers.
>HPOV is not an option, end user is not UNIX guru, and network is Win2k
>based.
>
>Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
>
>Regards,
>
>Michael Smith
-Carroll Kong