I realize this thread is way old, but another possibility is to put the quad
zero static route on the edge route, and use the default network command to
propogate a default to the rest of the EIGRP domain.

internet---internet_router-----firewall-----edge_router-------eigrp_domain

edge router configs
  ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 interface to internet
  default-network address_of_inside_interface

one more way to skin this cat.

Chuck

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...