The one that use to be made by Network General, now owned by Network
Associates are the best ones you can get IMHO.
I have used the Ethernet, Token-Ring, Internetwork, and ATM sniffers and
the are all great. They have to models, you can have them in a notebook
for portable sniffing or you can get Distributed sniffers that sit on
your network and you can remotely control when and what you want to
capture.

You may want the mark them after installing them in your wiring closets.
A phone SE cleaned a wiring closet out and thought one was an old PC
someone dropped off and through it out.

They start at about $10,000 and go up to $35,000 for the ATM version.

Here's is the link:

        http://www.sniffer.com/

Another one that I hear a lot about is EtherPeek, worth looking into.

                Jeff Kesemeyer
                CCNP, CCDP, MCSE, CNE
                www.bradshawlabs.com
                "Your CCIE Rack Rental Source"