Well, "show log" would be a good start.
You haven't given us much to go on, but if the interfaces don't actually
drop it could be a routing protocol problem.  Or it could be a lot of other
things :-)
Does this happen at specific times?  Regular intervals?  Or is it random?
Is there anything else happening on your network that you can correlate
with this?
What does the log show?  Hopefully that will give you an idea of what to
look at.  You may then need to put on some debugs to get further
information.  Use debugs cautiously or they can hang a perfectly healthy
router!

JMcL
----- Forwarded by Jenny Mcleod/NSO/CSDA on 09/01/2002 09:02 am -----

"NetEng"

cc:
                    Sent by:                  Subject:     Router down for a
few seconds, many
                    nobody@groupstudy.        times
[7:31308]

com

                    09/01/2002
06:36

am
                    Please respond

"NetEng"

I have a Cisco 4000 in the core that goes down for 15 seconds or so about
10
times a day. All interfaces are unreachable (pinging), and from what I can
tell the actual interfaces never actually drop. I will console into it, but
any ideas what I can look for? show processes and ?TIA