Travis,

Curious, did you try clearing the int (cle int) before you tried the reload?

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: travis marlow [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 10:36 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: NPE300 in 7206VXR [7:31534]

Hi everybody, longtime reader, first time poster.  Was wondering if anybody
has had problems with the fastethernet port on the NPE300 for the 7206VXR
platform.  Lastnight for some reason the box was not able to ping the other
router that it was connected to via this port.  When doing a sh arp it
showed the ip I was trying to ping with a mac of INCOMPLETE.  All other
interfaces to this router were up and passing traffic, after doing the magic
"reload", everything was fine.  It's weird that this port would just freeze
up, it still said up and up on a sh int before the reload.  After talking to
a buddy, he said that they had had issues with using the fastethernet port
on the NPE.  I figured I would disseminate this problem to a larger group to
see if anybody else had seen this.  Thanks.