I  have.   It appears to work well.  I have a lab and not production
routers.

The file is compressed to about half of its regular size.

You will require more DRAM to run the IOS as it, depending on your router,
will load the file to ram before uncompressing.

Below is the free program that I use.

http://www.mcseco-op.com/Mzmaker.zip