Config look ok.
Your octal cable has RJ-45 ends? Is each end numbered?
Is end #1 going to the console port of RouterA, end#2 going to RouterB, etc?
Do a "show sessions". If you are not connected to any router you should get:
2509#sh sess
% No connections open
If you do have open sessions then disconnect them one at a time:
2509#disc 1
Closing connection to RouterA [confirm]
2509#disc 2
Closing connection to RouterB [confirm]
Another way to check for busy lines is to do a "show line"
If you see asterisks in front of the lines - then do a disconnect line #.
When you type in "RouterA" what sort of response do you get?
2509#RouterA
Trying RouterA (172.16.1.1, 2001)... Open
If you get the above then hit "enter" once or twice.
That should get you to the prompt of the console port of RouterA.
Let us know if this doesn't work.