Hi All ,
       I was just working around on my Cisco Catalyst 2512XL switch , I was
going thru the VLAN commands , I wanted to know the difference between
creating the VLAN thru these two commands :

Switch(config)#int vlan4
Switch(config-subif)#management
Switch(config-subif)#^Z

the second way is by going to the vlan database mode  and giving the command

(vlan)#vlan 201 name cisco

both of them create vlan on the switch , as I understand that the first
coammand makes vlan4 as the active vlan and vlan 1 shuts down , in the
second mode , we can  assign the name to the vlan as well , is there any
other differnce betwen them , please guide me .

thanks ,

Navin Parwal