By default there is no way to get the actual router serial number from
the command line.  There are ways to display certain serial numbers
associated with that device, but it is not the chassis serial number
you're seeing.

One solution--which doesn't help you now--is to set the snmp chassis-ID
in the router when you initially configure it.  From that point on you
can see the serial number from the command line or via SNMP.

John

>>> "Washington Rico"  1/14/02 10:38:36 PM >>>
I would appreciate any information you have.

I need to find the serial number of some routers which are located on a

remote site.  I know that with a show version on Cat6000 the serial
number
shows up.  What about with routers.  Show version did not show a
serial#.
Is there a CLI command?

  Again apppreciate any info you may have.

                   MSN
http://photos.msn.co.jp/