In a hub-and-spoke environment the spokes will not become neighbors.
This is why--if you're using either broadcast or NBMA network
types--that it's important to force the hub to be the DR.  All routers
on a broadcast or NBMA network must form an adjacency with the DR and
BDR but that's not possible if the DR or BDR is a spoke router.

John

>>> "Cisco Nuts"  1/15/02 4:01:02 PM >>>
Hello,
Just reconfigured my 3 routers from non-broadcast to
point-to-multipoint
mode. Can see the routes on all 3 routers and can actually ping from
RTA to
RTC's networks fine and vice-versa.(RTB is acting as the hub).
Problem is I don't see RTA forming a neighbor relationship with RTC and

vice-versa but pings work fine!!

RTA#sh ip ospf nei

Neighbor ID     Pri   State           Dead Time   Address
Interface
N/A               0   DOWN/  -           -        7.7.7.2
Serial0
9.9.9.9           1   FULL/  -        00:01:48    7.7.7.1
Serial0

RTA#ping 16.16.16.1 -----------(RTC's loopback ip)

Type escape sequence to abort.
Sending 5, 100-byte ICMP Echos to 16.16.16.1, timeout is 2 seconds:
!!!!!
Success rate is 100 percent (5/5), round-trip min/avg/max = 116/116/116
ms

Why is this working without RTA forming a neighbor with RTC?

Please advise.

Thank you.