This is mostly correct, To properly implement BGP, you should have your own
AS #.  Alternately, If you can't ante the $5000 to get the #, then you may
be able to talk the ISP's into letting you use a private As number that they
strip off and replace with their AS#.

I.e.
Internet - Isp1 (701) - You (65530) - Isp2 (16770) - internet
A looking glass on the internet would see (assuming you are 1.1.1.0/24)
Subnet ---------- AS Path
1.1.1.0/24   ---- 701
1.1.1.0/24   ---- 16770

A looking glass inside UUnet (701) would see (assuming you are 1.1.1.0/24)
Subnet ---------- AS Path
1.1.1.0/24   ---- 701 65530
1.1.1.0/24   ---- 16770

A looking glass inside Broadslate (16770) would see (assuming you are
1.1.1.0/24)
Subnet ---------- AS Path
1.1.1.0/24   ---- 701
1.1.1.0/24   ---- 16770 65530

They would have to do a wee bit of engineering on there part to make their
routers prefer the longer AS path, but technically it is doable.

-ejay

Btw, I've never agressively looked, but I don't know of any Isp's that will
let you do this.  If anyone needs assistance with BGP configuration, e-mail
me off list.  Thanks.