Based on my first experience with this means of purchasing books, I have the
following observations:

1) price is great

2) service / delivery sucks

Don't be in a hurry when you use this subsidiary of e-bay. from the postmark
to my hands was about a week, but the postmark is two weeks after I placed
the order and the order was accepted.

you have no choice for shipping. media mail ( "media" is apparently Eskimo
for "dog sled via the north pole" ) is the only option.

reading the site, I see that comments from other customers are all over the
board. about equal good and bad. the bad all revolve around turnaround time.

I chose half.com because they claimed to have the book in stock at the time
I was ordering. Other places stated no availability. I suspect a part of the
problem with the particular book I ordered is that is it is newly released,
and the seller ( some small shop in New Jersey ) accepted my bid thinking
they could get the book through distribution and found they had to wait for
the release.

for my money, bookpool is still the way to go.