Here is part of a procedure that we use here...this was developed from
various vendor websites (including cisco)

 Verify length of fiber run
 For lengths of MM fiber 2 - 275m, use a 1000Base-SX GBIC
 For lengths of MM fiber 275 - 300m, use a 1000Base-LX or LX/LH GBIC
 For lengths of MM fiber 300 - 550m, use a 1000Base-LX or LX/LH GBIC with a
mode conditioning cable
 For lengths of SM fiber up to 5km, use a 1000Base-LX GBIC
 For lengths of SM fiber up to 10km, use a 1000Base-LX/LH GBIC
 For lengths of SM fiber up to 70km, use a 1000Base-ZX GBIC
 Install the same type GBIC on each end
 If using a mode conditioning cable, install the SM/MM connector into the
GBIC, and the MM/MM connector into the LIU
 Install fiber into necessary GBIC

-Patrick

>>> "yangchun"  01/18/02 11:27AM >>>
dear all:
    Can you tell me which the diffrence betwen the 1000base-lx &
1000base-LX/LH

thanks