From: Paul Borghese [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2002 11:16 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Make money all day long with your computer [7:32396]

Yea I have some ideas in the works.  Frankly it has not been a problem on
this list and the current anti-spam measures I have put in place seem to be
working.  But occasionally we get one or two through.

This is a very large list and regular techniques do not always work.  On
smaller list you can simply block messages from those that are not
registered for the mailing list.  But this list is not simply a mailing
list.  What about the people that use the newsfeed?  Or Website?

So what I plan to do is require first-time posters to authenticate first.
Once they authenticate, the message will be delivered normally.  Any
additional messages will be delivered without authentication.

So the spammer will need to use a valid From: address and take the time to
authenticate.  Which most do not.

Paul