I believe as long as you have route cache disable, the router will load
balance per packet...if route cache is enabled then it goes per destination.

Of course I have only used this config with OSPF and not static routes...

>>> "to cisco new"  01/24/02 05:10PM >>>
can anyone answer this question regarding load balancing.  from what i
gather, a cisco router can load balance between up to six static routes to
the same network (per packet or per destination).  what kind of load
balancing does the router do for static routes to different networks?  the
configuration that i have set up is two gateways to 2 different isp's (as a
result, 2 different networks)on fe0/1 and e1/0, which NAT to a single port
(e0/0) to my local network.  it works...but what kind i'm wondering what
criteria the router uses for route selection (or load balancing).

thanks