to those folks that replied about the above problem about the 6260 DSlam
and the 7200 series router and the "other" layer 3 device you were right
about the "other" device not knowing about the routes...the "other" device
is a Nortel Shasta and I dont like fooling with the shasta as its a tad
unstable sometimes Ive experinced some serious outages by changing some
simple things that shouldnt have affected service.

But I crossed my fingers and added a new route and things are ok so far.

Thanks
Keith